IEEE DEIS has a library of historical videos. The list of videos available on this website are listed below.
These historical videos date back to 1973 and represent some of the fundamental understanding of the DEI community. Many of the original videos have deteriorated or were loaned and never returned.
The efforts of this part of the IEEE DEIS Web are to:
- Preserve knowledge through converting original videos
- Capture videos of experts at conferences and IEEE DEIS events
- Provide links to IEEEtv and other resources
If you have original IEEE DEIS conference videos that are not listed here please contact us.
Videos from 2013 ICSD
- 2013 E O Forester Lecture on Interfaces by Peter Morshuis
- Tutorial on Nanodielectrics by John Fothergill
Videos from 2011 Electrical Insulation Conference
- ISEI2012: 2012 Dakin Award Recipient Greg Stone on Partial Discharge.
- EIC2011-1: 2011 Golden Omega Award Recipient John W Estey, President and CEO of S&C Electric Company on education and the workforce. June 7, 2011.
- EIC2011-2: June 6, 2011 “Root Cause Investigation of the Inadvertent Failure of Unit 2 Forced Draft Fan Motor and the Corrective Actions Implemented,” John K Amoo-Otoo, Consultant.
- EIC2011-3: June 6, 2011, “Evaluation of Vacuum Encapsulation Systems for Integral Motors,” Howard W Penrose, Ph.D., CMRP & Donald Wittmuss, Dreisilker Electric Motors, Inc.
2010 Dakin Award Winner
- Website Exclusive!: 2010 Dakin Award Winner Stephen Boggs on “Towards a Rigorous Understanding of Conduction in Electrical Insulation”
- Video 1: 1973: Rotating Machinery Workshop
- Video 3: 1975: Mechanism of Motor Failure
- Video 5: 1977: The Voltage Endurance of Cast and Molded Resins
- Video 8: Streamers in Liquids: Basic Phenomena
- Video 11: 1981: Trends in Printed Wiring Technology
- Video 12: Cellulose insulation Materials Evaluation.
- Video 13: A Changing Capacitor Technology: Failure Mechanisms and Design Innovations.
- Video 15: Fast Process on the Cathode in Vacuum Discharges
- Video 16: Review of the Present Understanding of Electrode Phenomena
- Video 19: Arcing and Interruption Phenomena in Vacuum Switchgear Subjected to Transverse Magnetic Field
- Video 24: Motor Failure Analysis Parts 1 & 2
- Video 26: Detection of Insulation Deterioration through Electrical Spectrum Analysis
- Video 27: Establishment of a Computerized On-Line Comprehensive Database for Dielectric Materials.
- Video 30: Fundamentals of Motor Insulation for Repair Shops
- Video 31: Superconducting Power Transmission Project
- Video 41: Fundamental Demonstrations of Electromagnetic Field and Energy
- Video 42: Manufacturing Considerations for Silicone Fluid Filled Transformers.
- Video 43: New High Frequency Transformer Topologies.
- Video 44: Relative Chemical Resistance of Solventless Polyester and Epoxy Resins.
- Video 45: Turn insulation Aging of Motors Exposed to Fast Pulses of Inverter Driver
- Video 51: Utilizing Reduced Build concepts in the Development of Insulation Systems for large Motors
- Video 53: Partial Discharge