IEEE and DEIS
The IEEE is the largest technical and professional society in the world with more than 417,000 members in more than 160 countries. The technical activities of the IEEE are organized into 39 technical societies and 5 technical councils and committees. IEEE sponsors more than 1,700 annual conferences and meetings worldwide.
The Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (DEIS) is the IEEE technical society that covers the study and application of dielectrics from the molecular level, through Nano-structured materials, to insulation systems in industrial, commercial, and power system equipment, to emerging applications such as those at high power levels and in biological and other small-scale systems.
DEIS has more than 2,000 members, it organizes and supports several conferences and workshops each year, publishes the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation and the IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, develops and maintains relevant IEEE standards, and presents awards each year in recognition to major contributors.
How to Become a DEIS Member?
- As an IEEE member, please simply add Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (DEI-032) to your membership. Join IEEE here.
- The annual DEIS membership cost is $13.00 for students and $26.00 for other members.
- DEIS membership is also possible as an affiliate member at a current cost of $101.00.
- To join IEEE/DEIS, or add DEIS to your IEEE membership, or become a DEIS affiliate member, please click here.
- NEW IEEE applications received between 1 March and 15 August will automatically be processed for half-year membership ending 31 December at the half-year dues rates.
- IEEE e-Membership: IEEE is providing a paperless membership option at a deep discount for members living in Developing Nations. The annual base due for e-Membership is $52.00, compared to $139.00 for Traditional Membership. Details and eligibility can be found here.
Why Join DEIS?
- DEIS helps you to remain technically current
- Free online access to the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation
- Free paper copies of the IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine
- Network with others in the profession and enhance your stature/gain recognition
- Enhance your career opportunities
- Receive discounted registration fees at all IEEE conferences
- Receive additional discounts at DEIS sponsored conferences
- Help build and give back to your technical profession
Other Benefits of DEIS
- Fellowships for graduate students
- Student awards and student travel grants provided by DEIS sponsored conferences
- Two professional DEIS awards and several professional awards provided DEIS sponsored conferences
- DEIS supports members to reach higher IEEE membership grades of IEEE Senior Member and IEEE Fellow.
Access to the DEIS Membership Webpages
DEIS members are members of the IEEE in any grade, including students, having a professional interest in any phase of the fields of interest of DEIS.
Other individuals may affiliate and participate in DEIS activities, as provided by IEEE Bylaws and subject to the applicable IEEE rules and regulations and any additional limitations imposed by the DEIS Bylaws.
Member privileges on this site are reserved for IEEE Members and Affiliates with the exception of special privileges, short or long-term, such as k-12 teachers and students who may wish to participate in special activities requiring access to site features for events such as Engineers Week. Such requests may be submitted through the contact form from this web page to the Editor-in-Chief.
Other privileges may be extended to special guests for events, blog or forum moderation as deemed necessary.
We look forward to your participation.
Questions about DEIS Membership
Please feel free to contact the DEIS Membership Chair
Kai ZhouEmail: email@example.com