WANTED: Editor of the IEEE Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society Website (DEIS Web Editor)
The IEEE Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (DEIS) is seeking applicants for the position of the Editor of its Website. Applicants should be members of DEIS and should be willing and able to carry out the duties of Web Editor as described below for a three-year term.
Applications will be reviewed by the Web Editor Search Committee which will interview shortlisted candidates and will then prepare a recommendation for consideration at the July 2016 meeting of the DEIS Administrative Committee (AdCom). The latest date for acceptance of a letter of interest is 29 February 2016.
The DEIS Web Editor is responsible for:
- All contacts with the provider of the website platform,
- Coordinating the Associate Editors of the DEIS Website Editorial Board, interacting with the reporters, the WIKI and blog editors,
- Accuracy and appropriateness of the technical content (with assistance from the DEIS Website Editorial Board),
- Production of the IEEE DEIS Web pages from material supplied by DEIS entities,
- Designing the DEIS web pages, including graphics, animation and functionality,
- Interacting with DEIS entities and with industry, soliciting and obtaining website content, highlighting state-of-the-art developments,
- Collaboration with the Co-editors of the IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine (EIM) to include news items from the Magazine on the Website,
- Collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (TDEI) to include abstracts of papers and other matter from the Transactions on the Website,
- Reaching young people (in particular students and early-stage dielectricians) via the website,
- Working with IEEE regarding (a) maintenance of website structure in a format that does not conflict with the IEEE web system and security and (b) all technical aspects related to the website,
- Monitoring web server and site technical performance, i.e. collecting visitor statistics, feedback, participation in blogs and fora,
- Advising the DEIS Website Editorial Board and the DEIS Publications Committee of any developments, new technologies and so on to further improve the website, its impact and its attractiveness,
- Supporting the DEIS Education Committee in developing new educational videos/webcasts by selecting and purchasing suitable hardware and software,
- Addressing security issues of the website itself and of its users, including such problems as spam,
- Attending at least one of the DEIS Administrative Committee (AdCom) Meetings per year.
Further details may be obtained from the DEIS Vice President (Administration), Reimund Gerhard (email@example.com). If you wish to be considered, please submit a letter of interest outlining your previous relevant experience and your future plans for the DEIS website to Reimund Gerhard before 29 February 2016.