CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue of the IEEE Transactions
on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation on
Advanced Dielectrics for Gas-Insulated Transmission Lines
We are pleased to announce that the August 2018 issue of the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (TDEI) will be a special issue on topics related to advanced dielectric materials for gas-insulated transmission lines (GILs). The articles in this special issue will emphasize the insulating gases, charge physics, and applications of novel dielectric materials for HVAC and HVDC GILs.
The following non-exclusive list of topics may serve as a guideline for prospective authors:
- Insulating gases, especially environment-friendly gases and their insulating properties;
- Surface flashover characteristics of post-type spacers and cone-type spacers inside GIL;
- Charge physics, including surface charge test methods, surface charge accumulation, charge injection, charge transport, as well as charge decay properties of spacers inside GIL;
- Applications of novel dielectric materials to suppress charge accumulation of spacers, including surface modification, bulk doping and functional graded material, etc.;
- Electrical properties of HVAC and HVDC GILs, including metal particle motion and trapping;
- GIL application and condition assessment of the insulators and insulating gases in GILs, fault analysis and diagnosis technologies, including fault modes and identifications.
- Aging and/or lifetime deterioration or changes in the gases and solid insulators used in GILs.
Authors are invited to submit their papers to the Guest Editors of the Special Issue no later than 31 October 2017, at the TDEI website (http://www.cloznet.com/ieeetdei). All submitted papers will automatically be checked using CrossCheck software for plagiarism including self-plagiarism. Papers submitted after this date will be considered but may not meet the printing deadline and, if accepted, will be included in subsequent regular issues. Please make sure to follow very closely the template which could be found on the Submission page of TDEI or directly from http://www.cloznet.com/ieeetdei/TDEI%20Template.doc. The template is also provided at the website.
Submissions should be marked during the submission process as special issue contributions by selecting the “Guest Editor” link and choosing the guest editor for this issue. Questions regarding the Special Issue on Advanced Dielectrics for Gas-Insulated Transmission Lines can be addressed to the Guest Editor, Professor Jinliang He, or to the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Professor Reuben Hackam at email@example.com. The Guest Editor for this issue is:
Professor Jinliang He
State Key Laboratory of Power Systems
Department of Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University
Beijing 100084, China
Tel: +86-10-62775585, firstname.lastname@example.org