Special Issue on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics of Electrical Insulation
A special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (IEEE TDEI) is being planned on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics of Electrical Insulation for publication in December 2024. Authors wishing to have their papers considered for publication in this issue should submit their manuscripts to the IEEE TDEI submission portal https://ieee.atyponrex.com/journal/tdei. Authors will be able to choose the name of the intended special issue during the first step of the submission process. Instructions for preparation of the manuscripts and a template are available at https://ieeedeis.org/publications/transactions-on-dielectrics-and-electrical-insulation/.
For this special issue suggested topics within the field of condition monitoring and diagnostics of electrical insulation include, but are not limited to:
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics of electrical power equipment
- Diagnostics and monitoring of electrical insulation due to electrical
mechanical, chemical and thermal causes
- Challenges in partial discharge based assessment of electrical insulation
- Impact of new materials on electrical insulation diagnostics
- Aging and degradation assessment of electrical power equipment
- Advanced sensing for condition monitoring of electrical insulation
- Emerging diagnostics methods
- High frequency methods in diagnostics of electrical insulation
- Application of signal, image processing and artificial intelligence to diagnostics of electrical insulation
- DC Diagnostics, i.e. methods for monitoring electrical insulation in HVDC grids, cables, transformers, converters, breakers, substations, lines, insulators, etc.
- Condition monitoring and diagnostics of electrical insulation in new type of electrical equipment, i.e. electric vehicle, high-speed train, all-electric ship, more-electric aircraft, offshore wind power equipment
In accordance with IEEE policy, papers that have been published in any conference proceedings cannot be republished. The CrossCheck plagiarism software will be used to verify originality.
The deadline for submission of the manuscript is February 28, 2024.
The guest editors for this issue are:
Prof. Marek Florkowski (AGH University of Krakow, Department of Electrical and Power Engineering, Al. Mickiewicza 30, 30-059 Krakow, Poland; Email: [email protected])
Dr. Cheng Pan (Wuhan University, School of Electrical Engineering and Automation, Bayi Road No. 299, Wuchang District, Wuhan 430072, China; Email: [email protected])
Further questions concerning this Special Issue can be directed to either one of the two Guest Editors or directly to the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transaction on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Professor Michael Wübbenhorst ([email protected])