EDITOR in CHIEF of the ELECTRICAL INSULATION MAGAZINE (EIM)
The DEIS is seeking applicants for the position of Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of the Electrical Insulation Magazine (EIM). Potential applicants should be members of DEIS and be willing and able to carry out the duties of an Editor-in-Chief (described below) from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2021 with a transition from the previous EiC during 2018.
Preferably, we are looking for teams of two co-applicants who are prepared and willing to share the duties and responsibilities listed below as an editorial team.
Applications will be reviewed by the DEIS EiC Search Committee, which will interview shortlisted candidates or teams and will prepare a recommendation for the DEIS President and AdCom. The latest date for acceptance of a letter of interest is 15 October 2017.
Position Description of the Editor-in-Chief (EiC) of the IEEE EIM
The duties and responsibilities are:
- General responsibility for technical content and production of the 6 issues per year of the bimonthly EIM published by DEIS. Full DEIS membership is expected, as is the attendance of at least one editorial-team member at AdCom meetings (2 per year).
- In addition, there is usually a one-day meeting of all IEEE Editors per year that should be attended by the editor or by at least one editorial-team member.
- Responsible for soliciting and obtaining articles and news items. Attendance at one or more DEIS-sponsored conference(s) (expenses covered by DEIS) is expected in order to enable solicitation and discussion of possible manuscripts and news items.
- Responsible for interacting with company (FASS) producing the EIM, contributing editors, associate editors, regional editors and editors for special issues.
- Communicates with authors for receipt of articles, editorial feedback, proof-reading, etc.
- Assigns articles for refereeing to reviewers/associate editors.
- Edits articles and interfaces with FASS on the production of the Magazine, including proof-reading and layout.
- Interfaces with advertisers’ representatives and with IEEE if necessary.
- Writes editorials and obtains guest editorials.
- Interfaces with the DEIS treasurer on finances.
- Solicits information (news, company and volunteer profiles) on Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC) from contact person(s) within the EIC organisation.
- Closely collaborates with the DEIS Web Editor-in-Chief to share and distribute content between the Electrical Insulation Magazine and the DEIS Web Presence, and to collect the relevant information from the respective DEIS volunteers.
- Maintains mailing lists (chiefly of non-DEIS members) and other suitable data bases for the EIM and, in collaboration with the Web EiC, for the DEIS web presence.
- Interfaces with DEIS Publications Chair on policy issues and status of the Magazine.
More details of duties and responsibilities may be obtained from the DEIS Vice-President (Administration), Reimund Gerhard (email@example.com). If you wish to be considered, please submit a letter of interest outlining previous relevant experience, future plans for the EIM and a detailed CV to Dr. Gerhard by 15 October 2017.