IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine Is Looking for Two New Board Members
If you are excited to work together in a team of experts and help shape the content of IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine (EIM), you may want to apply for a position on the Editorial Board. DEIS is now looking for two new board members, starting January 1, 2023.
Specifically, if you have a background in one of the following areas, we ask you to consider this great opportunity and apply:
• transport electricafication or
• functional polymers, dielectric actuators, and sensors.
EIM publishes articles that are accessible to a broad audience in the field of electrical insulation and dielectrics. In addition to technical articles, EIM invites articles on technology roadmaps, product development, and industrial news.
The EIM Editorial Board consists of eight persons, from industry and academia, covering the fields of interest of the Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation Society (DEIS); the board has an editor in chief, a deputy editor in chief, and six regular members. The production of the magazine is a joint activity of all the members of the Editorial Board. From the members of the Editorial Board, an editor in chief and a deputy editor in chief are chosen and proposed to the Administrative Committee of DEIS, for a one-year term.
Editorial Board members are appointed as volunteers for a period of four years. A rotation scheme is used in the Editorial Board. At the start of each calendar year,
- The deputy editor-in-chief becomes editor-in-chief,
- An existing member becomes deputy editor-in-chief,
- Two members leave the Editorial Board, and
- Two new members are appointed.
As a member of the Editorial Board, we ask you to
- Partake in the bi-weekly online board meetings,
- Help judge the quality and suitability of incoming abstracts,
- Arrange part of the review process of incoming articles,
- Identify new opportunities for thematic issues, and
- Help solicit new articles.
How much time would you need to commit? That depends on your enthusiasm, but count on one to two hours per week.
What do we offer you?
- You will learn how to run a professional magazine, starting as a regular member and then gradually gaining more responsibilities, with the opportunity in the future to become the editor-in-chief, all of this in a cooperative and friendly environment;
- You will get the opportunity to work closely with experts in different areas and thus broaden your horizon;
- Your ideas can be implemented to further improve the magazine. We are very much open to new ideas, and we continuously try to improve the magazine. If you are interested in a rewarding and challenging opportunity and want to become a member of the Editorial Board of IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, please send an application letter with a CV to Editor in Chief Antonios Tzimas at [email protected]. The deadline for submitting applications is November 1, 2022.