CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue on Insulation of Rotating Machines
We are pleased to announce that the December 2015 issue of the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation (TDEI) will be devoted to Insulation of Rotating Machines.
Prospective authors wishing to have their papers considered for publication in this issue should submit their manuscripts to the Guest Editor at the IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation website (http://www.cloznet.com/ieeetdei). Instructions for preparation of manuscripts and a template are available at the website.
The following non-exclusive list of topics may serve as a guideline for prospective authors:
- Insulation systems of stator windings and rotor windings of generators
- Insulation systems of motor windings
- Application of Class F (155oC) and Class H (180oC) materials
- Thermal endurance of insulating materials
- High voltage insulating materials
- Low voltage machine insulation
- Application of nanomaterials
- Effect of drive systems on stress control systems, on partial discharge, on life of enamelled wire
- Accelerated aging tests: thermal cycling, voltage endurance and associated diagnostics
- Tests on the turn insulation of multi-turn stator coils
- Inspection methods for installed windings
- Dielectric response measurements on insulation systems (polarization, depolarization, effects of temperature, humidity)
- High direct-voltage tests on stator windings: ramp tests, step-voltage tests
- Surface discharges: vibration sparking & slot discharge, effect of temperature, ozone production, detection methods
- Partial discharges: correlation of PD characteristics with defects
- End of life predictions: correlation of diagnostics to actual conditions
The deadline for the submission of the manuscripts is 31 January 2015.
The Guest Editor for this issue is:
1510 Chevrier Boulevard
Winnipeg, MB Canada R3T 1Y6
Further questions concerning the special issue should be directed to the Guest Editor.