CO-EDITORS-in-CHIEF of the ELECTRICAL INSULATION MAGAZINE
The DEIS is seeking applicants for two positions as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Electrical Insulation Magazine (EIM). Applicants should be members of DEIS, and be willing and able to carry out the duties of Co-Editor-in-Chief (described below) from 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2018.
Applications will be reviewed by the EIM Editors Search Committee, who will interview shortlisted candidates and then prepare a recommendation for consideration at the June 2015 meeting of the DEIS Administrative Committee (AdCom). The latest date for acceptance of a letter of interest is 28 February 2015.
Position Description of Co-Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine
The duties and responsibilities of each of the two co-editors are:
- 1. General responsibility for technical content and production of alternate issues (3 per year) of the bimonthly EIM, published by DEIS. Each co-editor is expected to be a member of DEIS, and to attend at least one AdCom meeting per year. In addition there is usually one meeting of all IEEE Editors per year, which the co-editors should attend.
- 2. Responsibility for soliciting and obtaining articles for the Magazine. Each co-editor is expected to attend at least one of the DEIS sponsored conferences http://www.deis.nrc.ca per year (expenses covered by DEIS) to enable solicitation of articles.
- 3. Responsibility for interacting with the company (FASS) producing the Magazine, contributing editors, associate editors, regional editors and editors of special issues.
- 4. Interfacing with authors for receipt of articles, editorial feedback, proof reading, etc.
- 5. Assigning articles for refereeing to reviewers/associate editors.
- 6. Editing articles and interfacing with FASS on production of the Magazine, including proof reading and layout.
- 7. Interfacing with advertisers’ representatives.
- 8. Writing editorials (usually for alternating issues) and obtaining guest editorials.
- 9. Interfacing with the DEIS treasurer on finances.
- 10. Soliciting information on the Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC) from the relevant contact person (EIC News and volunteer profiles)
- 11. Maintaining mailing lists for the Magazine
- 12. Interfacing with the DEIS Publications Chair on policy issues and status of the Magazine.
Further details may be obtained from the DEIS Vice-President (Administration), Paul Lewin ([email protected]). If you wish to be considered, please submit a letter of interest outlining your previous relevant experience, and future plans for the EIM, to Professor Lewin before 28 February 2015.